1. An Architect suggested to the client that a blank wall in one of the portion of the lobby be provided with a mural painting. The client agreed and asked the ARCHITECT to present a design for the mural painting. The Architect hired a popular painter to make the concept design. Who will pay for the services of the mural painter?
b. Already included in the fees of the architect
d. To be decided by the arbitration
2. Daylight type of Lighting is applicable in what type of project?
b. textile manufacturing
c. furniture display
d. exterior landscaping
3. What place was the co-called University Belt in Manila?
4. During the summer holidays, a couple decided to have their house repaired. They acquired the services of Architect "A" for this project. However they specifically asked Architect "A" to give the roofing repairs to their father who happens to be a roof contractor. Everything went well until the rains came. Now, the house is flooding and leaks coming everywhere. The couple asked Architect "A" to repair the defects but the Architect refused. Who is liable for the damages?
a. Architect "A", he should have checked the work of the roofing contractor.
b. The Roofing Contractor, he was the one who repaired the roof.
c. The Couple, they were the one who asked that their father do it.
d. No one, because it was nature which caused the leaks.
5. Which of the ff. should not be located in a carport?
a. storage cabinet
b. hose reel
c. dog cage
d. flower pots
6. What type of architecture is depicted by the national museum of modern art?
a. neo classical
7. A client wants to open a dance studio on the ground floor of a building. The existing room for the studio is fronting the road and the floor above is an office area.
What materials should be used in the flooring?
a. Ceramic Tiles
b. Steel Decking
c. Wood Tiles
d. Vinyl Tiles (with wooden look)
8. A client wants to open a dance studio on the ground floor of a building. The existing room for the studio is fronting the road and the floor above is an office area.
What materials should be used in the ceiling?
a. Suspended Acoustical Tiles
b. Steel Decking
d. slab soffit
9. What does slenderness ratio determine?
a. effective length
c. effective depth
d. maximum height of column
10. The Philippine post office in Manila designed by Arch. Arellano is in what style?
a. post modern
b. classical revival
c. art deco